Applying as a First-Year International Student
We encourage you to apply in advance of all posted deadlines to make sure that all of your materials arrive in a timely manner.
International First-Year Student Admission Requirements
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. See the criteria below that the university uses in order to ensure that students are adequately prepared to be successful in their academic pursuits.
Academics and English Proficiency
To be considered for admission, all applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science, and English. A secondary or high school grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent in core subjects is recommended. Students who do not meet these minimum guidelines will still be considered for admission if there is evidence in the student’s academic record that demonstrates a high probability of success. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English proficiency for admission consideration. Learn more about the requirements.
International First-Year Student Admission Procedures
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- The application for admission.
- A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission. An admission decision is not made until the fee is paid.
- A credential evaluation of your international high school academic records.
- All first-year applicants are required to submit official academic records to a credential evaluator. Note: U.S. high school transcripts may be sent directly to NDSU. Click here for more information.
- Your English test scores.
- Learn more about the requirements.
Submit Your Documents
Please submit all materials to the Office of International Student and Study Abroad Services. Click here for instructions on how to submit your documents. If you have other questions about document submission, please email us at NDSU.Intl.Admissions@ndsu.edu.